Information, Draw, Rules and Safety Details.
Below are the details of the draw for This Saturdays, 8th August 2020 Pairs Comp!
There are 11 pairs taking part and the draw has split players into 2 Sessions or Groups., All players will have 2 Matches AM or PM! The AM Group starting at 9-45am (arrive by 9-30 please) and a PM Group starting at 1-30pm, roughly (arrive by 1PM please if Rinks are free).
AM will be 3 Matches on 3 Rinks of course (again Rinks all drawn) followed by another 3 matches afterwards on different Rinks. PM will be 2 Matches followed by 3 Matches on different Rinks. (As there are only 5 pairs in this Group).
Matches will be 15 Ends in duration and the winners of each game will be awarded 3 points. If the score is level and it’s a Tie teams will be awarded 1 Point Each. (Losers will not gain any points). In the event of Level Points for Winning Teams or Runners Up Teams, the “Woods” aggregate total will come into play to decide the positions. Scorecards can be left in the Box provided after matches and I will be there to collate the scores of each team in the AM and PM Sessions. Results will be published on our Club Website (as a Post/ Blog) and I will make sure ALL Winners or Runners Up are notified.
The Semi Finals and Finals will be played the following Saturday Morning the 15th August starting at 9-45am. The Winners of the AM session will play the Runners Up of the PM Session in the first Semi Final and the Runners Up of the AM Session will play the Winners of the PM Session in the 2ndSemi Final (These matches will run at the same time). Winners of both these Semi Finals will go into the Grand Final afterwards following a short rest break.
Spectators are very welcome of course this Saturday (also our PM players also who would like to watch the AM games and likewise AM players who want to stay on to watch.) However the day is designed to be flexible so there is not requirement to stay if you have finished your matches. We would love to see spectators too the following Saturday at The Semi Finals and Final!
Players please note that this Draw (Sessions, Matches and Rinks) has all been done independently from a hat, for fairness all round.! Draw AM. 1st Matches
Rink 1 Mike McCrossan and Derek Pickering V Colin and Sue Firth.
Rink 3 Adrian Goddard and Keith Hayes V Andy and Deirdre Bennett
Rink 4 John Howell and Peter Smith V Jim Clifford and Mike Redding 2nd Matches
Rink 1 Adrian Goddard and Keith Hayes V John Howell and Peter Smith
Rink 2 Andy and Deirdre Bennett V Colin and Sue Firth.
Rink 3 Mike McCrossan and Derek Pickering V Jim Clifford and Mike Redding. Draw PM Session 1st Matches
Rink 1 Shirley Adlem and David Stride V Susan Barnes and John Gardner
Rink 2 Malcolm Holmes and Lotty Kirwan V Myra Mouland and June Pink
Rink 4 Susan Barnes and John Gardner V Neil and Sharon Calderwood
Rink 3 Shirley Adlem and David Stride V Malcolm Holmes and Lotty Kirwan
Rink 1 Neil and Sharon Calderwood V Myra Mouland and June Pink
I hope you will enjoy these matches and The Open Pairs Competitions and I would like to thank you ALL for entering.
NB. All these Notices will be displayed on the windows to the right of our main Pavilion Doors to read if required.
Please pass on the word to others taking part to read these POSTS on our website for details of the Open Pairs Competition! (Under News Feed)
Dress Code, Scoring and Rink Play Details and Covid Safety Information to follow.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
. DRESS CODE – GREY TROUSERS/SKIRTS/SHORTS AND
WHITE TOPS/ or CLUB SHIRT WITH COLLAR.
(New Club member’s similar attire is acceptable)
PLEASE ARRIVE CHANGED TO PLAY (except shoes).
- PLAYERS TO BRING THEIR OWN HAND SANITISER
- (Please use at intervals during the game.)
- NO SCOREBOARDS ALLOWED.
- THE SCORES TO BE WRITTEN ON ONE SCORE CARD BY ONE PLAYER ONLY FOR BOTH PAIRS, AVAILABLE ON THE DAY. PLEASE LEAVE IN BOX PROVIDED.
NO CARD HOLDERS TO BE USED SCORERS MUST BRING/USE THEIR OWN PEN
MATS MUST BE SANITSIED BEFORE AND AFTER USE.
- ONE MAT TO BE USED AT EACH END.
- ONE LEAD PLAYER TO POSITION MAT.
- MEASURING IS ALLOWED TO BE CARRIED OUT BY ONE PERSON ONLY, USING THEIR OWN TAPE MEASURE. WHEN MEASURING AND LOOKING AT OR CHECKING COMPLETED HEADS: PLAYERS ARE ASKED TO REMEMBER SOCIAL DISTANCING AND NOT BE DRAWN IN TOO CLOSE TO OTHERS PLEASE.
- PLAYERS MUST ONLY TOUCH THEIR OWN WOODS.
- WHEN CLEARING THE WOODS AT THE END COMPLETION, USE YOUR FEET CAREFULLY, OR PICK UP YOUR OWN WOODS. (Sorry no bowls pushers)
- SPRAY CHALK IS PERMITTED BUT NO ORDINARY CHALK IS TO BE USED.
- USE OF THE JACK – THE JACK IS TO BE ROLLED BY THE LEAD AND POSTIONED BY THE SKIP USING A FOOT OR JACK LIFTER. EACH LEAD PLAYER TO HAVE A JACK EACH PLEASE. SANITISE AFTER MATCH.
- PLAYERS TO BRING YOUR OWN REFRESHMENTS FOOD AND DRINK. PLEASE TAKE ALL YOUR OWN PERSONAL RUBBISH HOME WITH YOU FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. THE PAVILION IS NOT TO BE USED OTHER THAN FOR THE TOILET KEYS IF REQUIRED, THEN WIPE SURFACES AFTERWARDS PLEASE.