Information and Draw
Following advertising the chance of a Singles League (Ladies and Gents), I am delighted to announce that your committee has voted in favour of this 2020 League going ahead safely, during the remainder of the season. There are 16 Bowlers who have indicated their wish to take part in this “Friendly League”. That is 3 Ladies and 13 Men so thank you all for entering and wishing to take part and “Good Luck’
The Draw has taken place (independently) and the leagues have been split into 4 Leagues with the winner of each league going through to the Semi Finals and Final. These will take place on Saturday 26th September 2020 from 9-30 AM. This means that in the 7 weeks left before the Finals you all will have to arrange to play 3 Matches in your League. (I had initially looked at 2 leagues but felt that 7 matches were too much given the amount of bowling time left this year outdoors!). Before the Draw of the Leagues here is some additional information. Scorecards will be available from the Box on the equipment table, no covers are allowed and please use your own pen or pencil. Only one card is needed with the players signing on the agreed score. The completed scorecards are to put into the Club Black Post Box, which is just to the right of the main Pavilion doors. To get matches arranged players are to contact the 3 others in their league. There are no challengers etc, I will leave this to your fairness and common sense. However please remember that of the 16 players, there are 2 working Full Time, yes that was working! There are about 4 others who do some part time work as well, so some games after 5pm and weekends will come into the equation. I will suggest when contacting players 3 dates and times are offered but work round this to suit. Its important we get these matches played rather than not played. I do not want to become an “Arbitrator” Important if you need up to date contact telephone nos, all these are on the notice board in the Pavilion, permission given to get these but please wipe handles afterwards. Could I please ask ALL matches are completed by Thursday 24th September 2020.
Markers, I will leave this as preferred but not essential as we know this can but difficult sometimes. The matches follow normal Singles Rules (2 practice ends, 1 up 1 back) and it will be the first player to reach 21 points. (The number of ends doesn’t matter, its first to 21 points scored). The winner will receive 3 points and the loser none. If there is a tie at the top of the league when all matches are completed then woods aggregate will come into the final decision. The 4 Winners only of the leagues move forward to the Semi Finals (please note the date above and keep free its AM only that day). On the Finals the Winner of League “A: will play the Winner of League “C” and the Winner of League “B” will play the Winner of League “D”. Those winners will then go through to the Final afterwards following a short rest break. Spectators most welcome of course following safety guidelines. There will be Markers in place on these Semis and the Final. In the following advice notice (after draw) ALL the necessary further COVID SAFETY details and procedures are set out. Could I please ask ALL PLAYERS and MARKERS to read and comply sensibly for ALL matches! Thank you. John
Draw for Leagues.
League “A” Players
- Sue Firth
- Steve Hall
- Malcolm Holmes
- Adrian Goddard
League “B” Players
- Neil Calderwood
- Mike Redding
- David Stride
- Mike McCrossan
League “C” Players
- John Howell
- Jim Clifford
- Colin Firth
- Lotty Kirwan
League “D” Players
- Keith Hayes
- John Gardner
- Susan Barnes
- Andy LoweLBC SINGLES COMPETITION 2020 SAFETY RULES AND GUIDANCE
. DRESS CODE – CASUAL COMFORTABLE CLOTHING
ALLOWED, SHORTS IF YOU PREFER.
. PLEASE ARRIVE CHANGED TO PLAY (except shoes).
- PLAYERS TO BRING THEIR OWN HAND SANITISER
- (Please use at intervals during the game.)
- NO SCOREBOARDS ALLOWED.
- THE SCORES TO BE WRITTEN ON ONE SCORE CARD BY THE MARKER (IF USING ONE) OR ONE PLAYER ONLY, AVAILABLE ON THE DAY FROM THE EQUIPMENT TABLE IN THE BOX.
NO CARD HOLDERS TO BE USED AND SCORERS MUST
PLEASE PLACE SCORECARD WITH THE MATCH RESULT
SIGNED BY BOTH PLAYERS, IN THE BLACK “CLUB POST
BOX ON WALL OF PAVILION.”
BRING YOUR OWN PEN/PENCIL.
. MATS MUST BE SANITSIED BEFORE AND AFTER USE.
- ONE MAT TO BE PLACED AT EACH END.
- ONE LEAD PLAYER TO POSITION MAT EITHER FOR YOU OR YOUR OPPONENT IN THE POSITION CHOSEN BY THE END WINNER.
- MEASURING IS ALLOWED TO BE CARRIED OUT BY THE MARKER (IF ONE IS PRESENT) OR ONE PLAYER ONLY, USING THEIR OWN TAPE MEASURE. WHEN LOOKING AT OR CHECKING OUT COMPLETED HEADS: PLAYERS ARE ASKED TO REMEMBER SOCIAL DISTANCING AND NOT TO BE DRAWN IN TOO CLOSE TO OTHERS, THIS ALSO INCLUDES THE MARKER IF YOU ARE USING ONE.
- PLAYERS MUST ONLY TOUCH THEIR OWN WOODS, NO TOUCHING BY THE MARKER.
- WHEN CLEARING WOODS AT END COMPLETION, USE YOUR FEET CAREFULLY, OR PICK UP YOUR OWN WOODS. (Sorry no bowls pushers)
- SPRAY CHALK IS PERMITTED BUT NO ORDINARY CHALK IS TO BE USED.
. USE OF THE JACK – THE JACK IS TO BE PLACED
BY THE MARKER (IF USING ONE) OR BY ONE PLAYER
USING THEIR FOOT OR A JACK LIFTER. IT WILL BE
PLACED INTO THE POSITION AND LENGTH OF THE
PREVIOUS END WINNERS CHOICE.THE JACK CAN BE
LINED UP BY THE MARKER OR BY YOUR OPPONENT.
- PLAYERS ARE TO BRING THEIR OWN REFRESHMENTS FOOD AND DRINK. THE PAVILION IS NOT TO BE USED OTHER THAN FOR TOILET KEYS IF REQUIRED.
- THEN USE WIPES ON USED SURFACES. PLEASE TAKE ALL YOUR PERSONAL RUBBISH HOME WITH YOU AFTER EACH MATCH FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.